Cary/Fuquay/Apex Pediatrics is one of the first Pediatric practices in the state that will receive Covid vaccine for children ages 5 – 11. Many of you have questions – So do we!
What we know:
1. We are getting a small amount of vaccine initially. These vaccines will be offered to immunosuppressed & high risk patients first. This means most of our patients will not get the vaccine with the first shipment to our offices.
2. We will offer the vaccine at your child’s well exam if we have it available.
3. We hope to have drive-thru clinics at one or more of our offices as staffing allows. Like the rest of the nation, our offices are experiencing staffing issues. You may have to go to a different office for the covid vaccine.
4. We do not have a date the vaccine will be in the office. As soon as we have vaccine, we will post it on the website, on our social media accounts & send a newsletter.
5. We are not in control when the vaccine will arrive. This is being handled by DHHS.
6. We are thrilled that you are excited about your child receiving this important vaccine.
7. We are thankful to be able to offer it to you. We believe in the safety of the vaccine and the science behind it.
That is all we know today. Like most thing related to Covid, there will be changes, updates, & new information coming daily. We will update you as soon we have new information!