Breastfeeding / Lactation Consult
Our Lactation Consultant is located in our Cary office . Karissa collaborates with parents by creating customized plans to meet the needs of the each families’ unique goals. Her gentle approach to counseling develops better understand of baby, generates a sense of empowerment within the mother, and enhances the enjoyment of the breastfeeding experience.
Appointments are scheduled for one hour in our Cary office on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Please speak with the front desk or call 919-467-3211 to set up your appoinment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time.
- Please bring a list of questions or concerns you have
- Please bring all items that you use regularly when nursing or pumping. This may include pillows, pumps, shields.
- If you have a support person available to attend, please invite them to join us if you feel comfortable.
- Nursing Your Baby, Pryor
- New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding, AAP, Meek (ed.)
- A Simple Guide to Breastfeeding, Ewy
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, La Leche League
- The Nursing Mother’s Companion, Kathleen Huggins, RN
- Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk, West & Marasco
- Mother Multiples, Gromada
- Adventures in Tandem Nursing , Flower
- Mothering Your Nursing Toddler, Bumgarner
- Breastfeeding Your Premature Baby, Gotsch